The Library Board protects and advances the interests of the broader community by effectively governing the operations and promoting the development of the local public library. The board’s principal responsibilities include:
- Supervision of the library director
- Working with the municipal governing body to obtain adequate library funding
- Participating in the development and approval of library policies
- Assisting in the formulation and adoption of a long-range plan for the library
- Studying the needs and interests of the community to see that they are addressed by the library
The Library Board usually meets the first Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Milton Public Library, 430 East High Street.
Agendas and MinutesAgendas packets are available prior to meetings, and saved on the City's website. View the most recent agenda on the City's website.
The Library Board is comprised of seven members, including one alderperson currently serving on the Common Council. Library Board members are appointed by the Mayor for terms of three years, with the alderperson appointment for one year.
If you are interested in applying for appointment to the Library Board please complete a Committee / Board / Commission Questionnaire.
|Annette Smith, Chair||1044 Sunset Drive||(608) 346-3673||2022
|Theresa Rusch||376 W. Sunset Drive||(608) 295-5468||Council Rep.
|Martin Collins||3726 E. Jacobs Drive||2023|
|Debbie Dean||114 W. High Street||(608) 868-9300||School Designate
|Stephen Tupper||9326 N. Raven Court||(608) 322-2151||2022|