The City of Milton Operator's License Application is available on the City's website and at City Hall.
- New/Renewal License: $30.00
- Provisional License: $15.00
Note: All Operator's Licenses expire June 30th, regardless of when they were first obtained.
New license applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- May not have been convicted of a felony or be a habitual law offender.
- Within the past two (2) years, must have held a valid Operator's License in any Wisconsin municipality or completed one of the Responsible Beverage Server Training Courses that have been approved by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Below is a list of courses have been approved.
Responsible Beverage Server Training Available Courses
- Madison College - This four-hour course is offered at various Madison College campuses. Contact Madison College for class availability. Applicant must register in advance. Out-of-state students are required to pay out-of-state tuition. Applicant must have a Social Security Number.
- Any other Wisconsin Technical College
- Online at Learn2Serve. The fee for this online course is $14.95.
- Online at Rserving. The fee for this online course is $9.95.
- Online at Server License. The fee for this online course is $12.00.
- Online at Seller Server. The fee for this online course is $16.00.
- Online at Wisconsin Restaurant Association. The fee for this online course is $30.00.
- Online at Selling and Serving Safely. The fee for this online course is $12.50.
- Online at TIPS. the fee for this online course is $40.00.
Who must obtain an Operator's License (also known as a Bartender's License)?
- All individuals selling or serving alcohol beverages.
- Exception: Individuals without a valid license must work under the immediate supervision of the licenses, Liquor/Beer Agent, or someone with a valid Operator's License.
Who must complete a Responsible Beverage Server Training Course?
- The applicant of an Operator's License, Class A License, or Class B License.
- Sole proprietors, all members of a partnership, and the Liquor/Beer Agent for a Corporation or Limited Liability Company must complete Beverage Server Training (BST) before the liquor/beer license can be issued to the establishment.
- The Liquor/Beer Agent for an establishment must meet the qualifications below, but is not required to hold an Operator's License because his/her name appears on the establishment's liquor license.