The Story Gardens Subcommittee has been working hard on moving forward with implementing various design elements of Story Gardens, an outdoor branch of the Milton Public Library located in the green space between the library and the Milton School District offices focused on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) programming.
Find out more at the Milton Public Library, or online at www.als.lib.wi.us/MPL/story-gardens/.
“The mission of Story Gardens is to educate and enrich the community through exploration in an outdoor garden. Story Gardens is an open air branch of the library that promotes literacy and life-long learning through its literature-based themes and outdoor library programs.”
- Establish gardens where individuals can provide instruction on horticulture, pollinators, and other topics for audiences of all ages.
- Develop art pieces that capture the viewer’s imagination.
- Provide programming and recreational space to a diverse population of community members.
- Assist visitors in developing a love for the outdoors and an interest in outdoor recreation and exploration.
- Ensure the space is accessible for all abilities.
Do you want to become involved in Story Gardens?
- Volunteer – We will need help maintaining the gardens, and we will provide tools and training for anyone interested. Contact the Milton Public Library to sign up!
- Donate – The subcommittee would like to add the perimeter walking path, an entrance archway art piece, and an outdoor programming space (gazebo) in 2021. Easily donate online using PayPal on the library’s website or complete a donation form available at the library and online.