The Story Gardens Subcommittee has been working hard on moving forward with implementing various design elements of Story Gardens, an outdoor branch of the Milton Public Library located in the green space between the library and the Milton School District offices focused on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) programming.
Below are a list of 2020 accomplishments:
- Pollinator garden added through a grant from GROWMARK.
- Two raised garden beds constructed by the Milton Lions Club with funding assistance from the Wisconsin Farm Bureau - Ag in the Classroom were planted with plant donations from David and Barbara Bendlin.
- Kindness Bench and stones were donated by Girl Scout Troop 7452.
- A monarch mosaic art piece was created by local artist Heather Hansen and added to the pollinator garden.
- A bee mosaic art piece was created and donated by local artist Connie Bier and added to the pollinator garden.
- Access ramps added to the north and south end of the space through donations of labor from Frank Silha & Sons and Lyons Concrete Construction.
Do you want to become involved in Story Gardens?
- Volunteer – We will need help maintaining the gardens, and we will provide tools and training for anyone interested. Contact the Milton Public Library to sign up!
- Donate – The subcommittee would like to add the perimeter walking path, an entrance archway art piece, and an outdoor programming space (gazebo) in 2021. Easily donate online using PayPal on the library’s website or complete a donation form available at the library and online.
Find out more at the Milton Public Library, or online at www.als.lib.wi.us/MPL/story-gardens/.